The Customer Service Specialist is an integral part of the Customer Service process and must work closely with the Customer Service Manager to meet department objectives. This is a fast paced job where multitasking is required with a high level of accountability for work assigned. This position is critical to the growth of business for our customers. The individual filling this role must go above and beyond to help differentiate customers from its competition. This individual must use organizational skills to meet critical management and customer demands measured by key performance indicators.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Respond to inbound customer calls and email regarding order inquiry as to ship dates, problems, order changes, repairs, RGA’s and FSA.
- Communicate with other departments such as Technical Repair, Logistics, Manufacturing, Regional Sales Managers, Product Managers, etc., to resolve customer issues.
- Understand the company’s ERP functionality and be able to maneuver through the system efficiently.
- Champion’s process improvements: looks for ways to improve customer service processes and functionality, ensuring they are in line to fulfill customer expectations.
- Order Management expectations: manage orders throughout each day by working with Buyers/Planners, Demand Management, and Distribution Centers to ensure orders ship per customer requirements. Some of these tasks include:
- Managing offsite inventory;
- Planning/managing orders required for production lines;
- Processing shipments with international customers;
- Perform manual shipping/invoicing transactions within the ERP system;
- Relationship Management: to build and maintain strong business relationship with all customers.
- Facilitates a variety of transactions and customer interactions, including returns, exchanges, trade-ins, recycling, defective products and repair questions.
- Partners with other departments to ensure customer needs are met end-to- end and that no customer is left unserved or underserved.
- Supports and assists international sales team with customer accounts, travel arrangements, as well as managing inventory and shipping orders.
- Requires an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years of experience or equivalent.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. The ability to interface directly on the phone with internal and external customers.
- Computer literacy, ability to solve problems in a calm, logical fashion and treat each customer with respect. Prior experience with prioritizing multiple tasks in a team environment.
- This is a Service Delivery organization that receives a high volume of in-bound calls and customer orders. Must demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership of work.
- Ability to provide friendly, fast, and accurate processing for all customer transactions, and maintain a professional and knowledgeable demeanor.
- Able to develop strong relationships with customers by becoming a trusted advisor and partner in assisting them in making technology more functional in their lives.
- Utilize all relevant customer service tools to assist profitable growth drive and exceed department and individual goals.
- Prior experience in a team environment requiring clear, professional and effective communication.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to tolerate occasional loud noise
- Ability to stand and / or sit for extended periods of time
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment. Primary environment: lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Send resume to Dolores Smith – Human Resource Manager at email@example.com.
This document is an outline of the primary tasks assigned and may be changed at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. All team members are expected to assist Ritchie Engineering in achieving its goals even if such tasks are beyond the scope of this outline. The job description does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the company and requirements of the job change.