Self-motivated, target driven, and service-focused professional seeking to leverage both experience and education as Procurement Manager. Detail-oriented and organized individual who exemplifies professionalism, and an ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at any given moment. Demonstrated history of effective and efficient shipping, purchasing, and inventory management with a wide degree of creativity and latitude. Highlighted leadership qualities expected and the ability to work with individuals from varying backgrounds, while promoting team values. Driven partner eager for professional growth, increased responsibility, and the opportunity to apply extensive management experience in a challenging environment to lead and direct the work of others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, internal departments and customers.
- Effectively build lasting relationships with both national and international suppliers and develop staff to achieve their best performance on both a team and individual basis.
- Receives orders and grants approval for purchases of goods or services and analyzes changes or new issues in materials and supplies to find ways to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Evaluates suppliers, negotiate contracts, and reviews product quality.
- Supervises Buyer/Planner and Purchasing Buyer.
- Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed.
- Interview vendors and visit suppliers’ plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services, and prices
- Attend meetings, trade shows, and conferences to learn about new industry trends and make contacts with suppliers
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other information to determine reasonable prices
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of the organization
- Work out policies with suppliers, such as when products will be delivered
- Meet with staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Evaluate and monitor contracts to be sure that vendors and supplies comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and to determine need for changes
- Maintain and review records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories
- Studies sales records and inventory levels of current stock, identifying foreign and domestic suppliers, and keeping up to date with changes affecting both the supply of, and demand for, products and materials.
- Buy products and services for the company, and try to get the best deal, and the highest quality goods and services at the lowest cost.
- Maintain a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be bought in order to consider price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical support when choosing suppliers and merchandise.
- Evaluate suppliers continually in order to avoid any delays in the supply chain that can potentially shut down production and cost the organization customers.
- Collaborate and discuss the design of products with design engineers, quality concerns with production supervisors, or shipping issues with managers in the receiving department, in order to ensure that the supplier can deliver the desired goods or services on time, in the correct quantities, and without sacrificing quality.
- Build and maintain information database regarding all shipments, purchases, and related information
- Strengthen professional relationships with coworkers, customers, and business partners
- Provide exceptional customer service resulting in repeat business
- Represent company brand with poise, integrity, and positivity
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- At least 8 years of experience in the field. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills with a professional attitude.
- Excellent experience in cost accounting and strong knowledge of implementing effective cost saving plans as well as monitoring of costs throughout projects by identifying and tracking cost drivers.
- Able to prioritize workload and manage several projects at any one time.
- Excellent relationship builder and effective communicator, both oral and written.
- Excellent telephone manner, customer service skills and fully computer literate.
- Excellent ERP experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Ability to create and maintain procedures relating to the purchasing function and possess excellent documentation skills.
Other Required Skills:
- Experience in Supply Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Control Engineering, Logistics, Project Management, Inventory, Purchasing and Financial Oversight.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.)The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.