The National Sales Manager will coordinate and direct the actions of distributors and provide ongoing support for sales representatives for the Automotive Divisions. The person in this role produces proactive action plans that increase brand awareness of Yellow Jacket products in the marketplace. The National Sales Manager will manage in a manner that creates strong lines of communication from the field to senior management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage national accounts including Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
- Assists representatives with organizational skills, account strategies, territory planning and administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained. Develops and increases sales revenue.
- Becomes actively involved in a new sales representatives’ orientation and sales training programs. Adds as a resource to representatives in contract opportunities and proposals. Assist representatives with contract negotiations, closing the sale and developing marketing plans for contract accounts.
- Assists with the planning of sales exhibits. Attends trade shows. Coordinates and assists in leading sales meetings to include site selection and agenda preparation.
- Keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers. Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of attaining sales representatives and assisting them in attaining new accounts.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding products provided. Answers questions from sales representatives and handles complaints.
- Monitor industry changes and trends. Participate in Sales and Marketing activities and standards.
- Develop and nurture strong customer contacts and positive, proactive relationships with representatives ensuring open streams of communication.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Five plus years of sales experience in manufacturing.
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, or closely related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent formal presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and other business software programs.
- Experience managing large territories and diverse product offerings.
- Coaching/mentoring experience with less senior sales staff.
- A demonstrable capacity to keep abreast of new technology trends.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Must be adaptable and be able to consistently deal with ever-changing conditions.
- Able to effectively analyze problems and develop viable solutions.
- Must conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
- Strong “technical sales” knowledge.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and get results through others.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong customer orientation.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
If interested, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.