The person in this position directs, plans and assigns work of 12 production employees in a manufacturing and
assembly environment: recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures
and working conditions. This is a working lead position meaning that in addition to the lead’s responsibilities,
this person will be working along with the employee(s) in this department.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assist the supervisor to direct the activities of the department.
• Under the direction of the Supervisor, leads production operations for department such as machining,
processing and assembly.
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities to fulfill work orders, meet inventory
requirements, and deliver manufactured products in a timely fashion.
• Ensures effective employee relations.
• Assists the supervisor to track absenteeism and time tracking
Requires at least 2 years of broad technical or administrative experience in a manufacturing environment.
Some supervision experience a plus.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
• Planning: ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span, and ability to manage multiple
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as ability to build cohesive teams.
• This position requires that the person be highly organized, self-motivated and can work independently.
EQUIPMENT AND CHEMICALS USED IN DEPARTMENT:
• Marken Cutting Machine for cutting hose.
• Hydraulic Crimpers, Air Regulated Crimpers; Hose Pushers for fittings, Hand Unreelers.
• Barbs Machine, Barb Binder.
• Loctite for fittings, Grease for maintenance on Crimpers
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.)
• Ability to tolerate occasional loud noise
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and occasionally bend and move about the facility.
• Must be able to tolerate repetitive motion
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Some work stations require the
employee to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60