Develop, implement and manage quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of industry-leading, high quality products consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals. Establish and maintain processes and procedures necessary to monitor and react to the quality of incoming raw materials, production processes, and performance of products in the field. Plans, implements and coordinates sound safety policies and procedures designed to prevent, reduce and/or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, as well as vehicular and liability injury or property damage incidents, and related financial losses. Ensures that the workplace is compliant with federal, state and local OSHA regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
• Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a quality plan to bring the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies into compliance with quality system requirements.
• Formulate and manage the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to the QA/QC.
• Effectively interact with Production and Development teams to maintain product supply and help introduce new products.
• Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
• Ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
• Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures.
• Liaising with customers’ auditors and ensuring the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers’ specifications.
• Effectively interact with and provide updates to Warranty/Customer Service staff.
• Establishing standards of service for customers or clients.
• Preparing clear explanatory documents such as customers’ charters.
• Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data, producing statistical reports and conducting audits.
• Identifying relevant quality-related and safety training needs and delivering training; write annual safety plan and periodically review written safety manual.
• Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are investigated if necessary.
• Writing technical and management systems reports.
• Manage and maintain the Company’s quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials, components and finished goods.
• Maintaining awareness of the business context and company profitability, including budgetary control issues.
• Assessing the product specifications of the company and its suppliers, and comparing with customer requirements.
• Manages OSHA reporting requirements by completing required documentation (Form 300 and 300A).
• Conducts incident investigations to identify root causes; prepares incident reports and ensures that they are maintained.
• Identifies, recommends and implements changes and improvements in safety practices to reduce/eliminate hazards and incidents.
• Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices and ensures that employees observe all safety procedures and practices to prevent injuries or damage and solicits recommended changes to improve safety procedures.
• Regularly attends and participates in meetings as applicable, to include daily supervisors’ meeting and others as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 7-10 years of progressive quality department experience, 3 of which were in a supervisory capacity.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in safety-related field.
• LEAN Manufacturing techniques, Six Sigma and other quality systems.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to work with individuals from all levels of the organization.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
• Highly motivated, self-directed, and highly organized.
• Must be computer literate, especially strong at database management and Microsoft suite.
• Responsible for directing and supervising a group of employees involved in inspection and quality control procedures in regards to purchased material, in-process material and finished products to assure that quality control standards are achieved.
• Investigate and adjust personnel problems within area of responsibility. Effectively recommend as to hiring, promotions, wage adjustments and terminations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Required to sit at a desk and use a keyboard.
• Must use hands to handle, feel, reach, grasp and/or lift.
• Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• May be required to move and/or lift objects up to 50 pounds.
• Vision required to inspect products and documents in detail.
• Ability to tolerate occasional loud noise
• Ability to stand and / or sit for extended periods of time
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment, may work near moving equipment, and exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, and noise. Primary environment: lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.