Perform all tasks involved in the production of Ritchie Engineering Company Tools products. Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. Employees may work in other departments in production as needs require.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees may work at different work stations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another, during the assembly process. Some, but not all, work stations require the following responsibilities and duties:
1. Performs assembly-type functions, using hand or power tools
2. Consistently inspect each product and package to ensure that all products meet the company quality standards.
3. Place finished goods on the designated pallet.
4. Package different types of manifolds and/or 3-packs into boxes, plastic packaging, or clam shells.
5. Operate electric winder to wind hoses before packaging.
6. Label packages and boxes for shipping.
7. Band boxes.
8. Print bar codes.
9. Complete required paperwork and documentation.
10. Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
11. Maintain a clean and safe work area
12. Performs other related duties and assignments as required
13. Ability to read a Work Order
14. Ability to read Work Instructions
15. All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
16. Will be required to perform other duties as may be requested, directed or assigned.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED:
Work stations require the employee to use some of the following equipment and/or machinery:
• Power tools
• Hand tools
• Tightening tool
• Heat sealing machine
• Drill press
• Electric winder
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.:
• Must be able to read English on label headers, product inserts, and hose part numbers.
• Mathematical skills are required to include addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication.
• Must have basic computer skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.)
• Ability to tolerate occasional loud noise
• Ability to use and be exposed to Locktite, alcohol, oil, WD40 and O-ring grease
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and occasionally bend and move about the facility.
• Must be able to tolerate repetitive motion
• Close and peripheral vision as well as depth perception is required
• Must be able to climb ladders, kneel, squat, and bend.
• Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Some work stations require the employee to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
This document is an outline of the primary tasks assigned and may be changed at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. All team members are expected to assist Ritchie Engineering in achieving its goals even if such tasks are beyond the scope of this outline. The job description does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the company and requirements of the job change.