Responsible for performing receiving, in-process and final inspection of raw materials, finished machined parts and assemblies, ensuring conformance with engineering documents and commercial standards, customer requirements and company quality guidelines. Calibrates and uses precision measuring instruments to test, inspect and troubleshoot materials and products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Test and inspect hoses and gauges and other products to determine conformance with specifications using a variety of gauging inspection tools (i.e. micrometer, caliper, ring gauges, plug gauges, shadow graph, torque analyzer)
• Examine material or products for surface defects cracks, pits or incomplete welds
• Inspect incoming parts and close tolerances to .0001
• Conducts first article inspections and documentation
• Initiates Non-Conforming Material Reports (IDS) and follows through to closure
• Assist in the development, implementation and improvement of overall quality systems
• Reports quality problems or findings to Quality Manager and follows up to ensure corrective action has/will take place
• Comply with safety regulations
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 5 years related experience
• Proficiency in reading and writing in English
• A degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance is preferred but not required
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
• Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of mechanical and electrical instruments
• Full understanding of arithmetic and geometry and a basic understanding of statistics is required
• Ability to read blueprints
• Must be highly self-motivated and able to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent written communication skills necessary
• Must be computer literate, especially strong with MS Outlook, Excel and Word applications
• Must be adaptable and able to work with regular interruptions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Required to sit, stand, walk, handle or feel objects, tools and controls
• Vision required to inspect products and documents in detail
• Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch
• Must regularly life and/or move up to 10 pounds; some work stations require lifting and/or moving up to 60 pounds
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment, may work near moving equipment, and exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, and noise. Work is performed primarily in a shop environment.