Technical Support Representative provides technical problem resolution to end-users (customers) by performing a question diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step solutions. Solutions include, but are not limited to, product set-up and education, repair and warranty issues. Support will be provided by clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner. Technical Support Representative conducts product repair (automotive, HVAC except recovery and vacuum pumps) approximately 20-30% of work time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services
• Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms
• Diagnose and resolve technical issues involving Yellow Jacket products following standard processes and procedures
• Research required information using available resources
• Accurately process and record call transactions using a computer and designated tracking software
• Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers’ and clients’ business
• Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary
• Stay current with system information, changes and updates
• Maintain effectiveness when experiencing changes in work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
• Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas, through a variety of media, to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience, helping them understand and retain the message, and permitting response and feedback from the listener
• Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships
• Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences
• Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict
• Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time within proper time limits
• Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
• Dispatches service centers for automotive warranty repair
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 6 months related experience
• Proficiency in reading and writing in English
• Mechanical background preferred, particularly automotive AC
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
• Proper phone etiquette; ability to speak and write clearly and accurately; effective listening skills
• Knowledge in the areas of automotive, electronics and HVAC
• Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
• Position requires use of headset/microphone
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment, may work near moving equipment, and exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, and noise.