The Chief Operations Officer is a key leadership role responsible for management and oversight of the company’s day-to-day operations and reporting them to the President and Vice President. The COO is responsible for ensuring that business operations are efficient and effective and that the proper management of resources, distribution of goods and services to customers, and analysis of systems is conducted. This role requires a self-motivated and service-focused professional with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at any given moment.
- Provide leadership and direction to all functional areas of the organization to ensure bottom-line profitability of the company
- Communicate with owners in a timely manner regarding potential problems and/or recommendations for improving results
- Ensure that all products meet the high quality standards expected by our customers and distributors
- Planning, directing and coordinating the manufacturing of products in compliance with company goals and objectives
- Share responsibility for short and long term resources and facility planning, and perform managerial duties as required, e.g. budgets, performance appraisals, etc.
- Analyzes delivery and inventory issues and provides solutions
- Establishing and controlling conditions of production in order to satisfy customer and quality specifications
- Participating actively in standardization, cost reduction, and finding out ERP system protocols
- Organizing and directing workflow for satisfying production requirement in a cost-efficient manner
- Maintaining employee safety and morale by creating a safe and efficient working environment
- Planning and predicting customer orders to satisfy shipments and maintain proper staffing levels to meet demands
- Ability to liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, internal departments and customers
- Drives improvement and reports on company’s supply chain KPI’s including; supplier quality, delivery, cost, stock-rates, and inventory turns performance
- Collaborate and discuss the design of products with design engineers, quality concerns with production supervisors, or shipping issues with managers in the receiving department, in order to ensure that the supplier can deliver the desired goods or services on time, in the correct quantities, and without sacrificing quality
- Represent company brand with poise, integrity, and positivity
- Supervises Production Manager, Production Planner/Scheduler, Procurement Manager, Quality/Safety Manager, Project Manager, Office Manager, and Director of Engineering
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics or related field, or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 10 years of related experience, with at least 5 years in a managerial role
- Experience in Supply Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Control Engineering, Logistics, Project Management, Inventory, Purchasing and Financial Oversight.
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills with a professional attitude.
- High-level analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- A strong knowledge of implementing effective cost saving plans as well as monitoring of costs throughout projects by identifying and tracking cost drivers.
- Excellent telephone manner, customer service skills and fully computer literate, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and utilizing ERP.
- Direct experience implementing lean concepts (Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Kaizen participation, 6S) desired.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
• Planning: ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span, and ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as ability to build cohesive teams.
• This position requires that the person be highly organized, self-motivated and can work independently.
EQUIPMENT AND CHEMICALS USED IN DEPARTMENT:
• Marken Cutting Machine for cutting hose.
• Hydraulic Crimpers, Air Regulated Crimpers; Hose Pushers for fittings, Hand Unreelers.
• Barbs Machine, Barb Binder.
• Loctite for fittings, Grease for maintenance on Crimpers
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit at a desk and use a keyboard.
- Must use hands to handle, feel, reach, grasp and/or lift.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- May be required to move and/or lift objects up to 50 pounds.
- Vision required to inspect products and documents in detail.
- Ability to tolerate occasional loud noise.
- Ability to stand and / or sit for extended periods of time.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment, may work near moving equipment, and exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, and noise. Primary environment: lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to: HR@yellowjacket.com