POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources Manager functions as a liaison on behalf of Ritchie Engineering and its employees. Respectfully, will report and take direction from owners of Ritchie Engineering Co., Inc. This role requires a strategic approach to Human Resources and is expected to provide direction to Ritchie Engineering Management Staff as well as departmental personnel on resolving day to day needs and/or concerns. The HR Manager leads the development of new HR policies/procedures as well as perform periodic reviews of current HR policies/procedures to ensure alignment with organizational objectives. In addition, he/she will be responsible for recruiting, employee retention, training and development, safety and wellness programs, performance management and employee relations. He/she will actively conduct workplace investigations and review issues to identify systemic problems and patterns of concerns, while recommending appropriate corrective action. This individual will focus on limiting liabilities for the organization and will ensure compliance with OSHA and all state and federal labor laws and regulations, while fostering a positive work environment for all employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Plans and administers company policies relating to all phases of human resource activities by performing the following duties:
- Coordinate training programs for all employees as it relates to OSHA regulations and Employment Law. This position will focus utilizing “Train the Trainers” approach, to optimize HR resources. Continuously oversee training programs developing new programs as well as maintaining existing programs.
- The Human Resource Manager will oversee all day to day employment matters, providing direction as needed to management personnel.
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organizational strategic thinking and direction
- Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; i.e. lead annual salary and wage planning efforts; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Develops and oversees new hire employee orientation sessions to describe the goals, values and culture of the company, orienting employees to the workplace and to their jobs, fostering a positive attitude for them as they join the company.
- Oversee human resources operations by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Appropriate use of legal resources while addressing employee matters
- Ensures all personnel records are maintained and filed in accordance with retention requirements.
- Ensure compliance with benefit laws (state and federal) including, but not limited to, FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, and ACA.
- Provides reports and summaries to managers to support them in making decisions on performance improvement plans, attendance concerns, staffing plans and salary recommendations.
- Partner with management in all aspects of employee relations, employee communications, interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, compensation, safety and a variety of other supervisory considerations.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with and stays up to date on federal, state, and local employment law & legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Participate in Company safety committee meeting on quarterly basis and ensures OSHA compliance
- Oversees unemployment claims in accordance with Ritchie agreed upon practices
- Works on key HR initiatives and projects to introduce and implement HR policies, practices and programs.
- Review current HR Performance Management System for areas to further develop/refine Ritchie’s Performance Management System utilizing Syteline HR Management Tracking Module
- Increases job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Payroll experience including ADP processing
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of employment law, worker’s compensation and various personnel issues.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to all levels of employees.
- Strong leadership skills are required as well as effective human relations consultative and communication skills; high integrity and sound business judgment.
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills required to provide leadership to managers and employees in resolving issues.
- Must have the ability to bring immediate credibility to the human resources function through his/her professional qualifications and leadership skills as well as project the highest levels of integrity.
- Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills as well as proven organizational skills are required.
- Accuracy, detail orientation and analytical skills needed with the ability to analyze data and make recommendations to management.
- Ability to serve as a change agent to positively influence the culture and work environment for employees.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Bachelor’s Degree Human Resources or Business Related Field, Master’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of HR Management experience preferably in manufacturing, including exposure to all HR related tasks including, but not limited to, onboarding, employee retention, E-Verify, worker’s compensation, OSHA Regulations, ACA, and benefit renewal.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- HR Best Practices
Qualified applicants should send a resume to email@example.com.