POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting the Department Supervisor coordinate activities of workers concerned with picking product and preparing it for shipping both nationally and internationally. The person in this position will resolve on-the-spot issues, and provide team work direction under limited supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides leadership, communication, and work direction for the employees in the department by delegating responsibilities, assigning tasks and participating in workload as needed.
- Communicates with Supervisor on any problems that occur in the department.
- Provides input and recommendations to supervisor regarding work performance of employees in assigned department.
- Position does not have independent or final authority to hire, terminate, discipline, appraise performance, or submit adjustments to pay.
- Order supplies needed for employees to accomplish their tasks.
One to three years of experience in production manufacturing and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Ability to manage time well, deal with multiple tasks and handle stressful situations.
- Good communication and reasoning skills to retrieve information from co-workers and relay information to and from all employee levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving and effective communication skills.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience preferred and ability to develop a cohesive working team.
- Must be able to understand and operate machinery.
- Prior manufacturing and shipping experience desired.
- Ability to direct a work crew, delegate responsibilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and safety.
Directly leads employees. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.)
- Ability to tolerate occasional loud noise
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and occasionally bend and move about the facility.
- Must be able to tolerate repetitive motion
- Close and peripheral vision as well as depth perception is required
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Some work stations require the employee to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com.