POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for picking product and preparing it for shipping both nationally and internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employees may work at different work stations as production needs require.
- Requires preparation of packaging materials inventories, packaging of product to be shipped, and arrangement of transportation services.
- UPS/FedEx, Bill of Lading software is to be used effectively and understood.
- General housekeeping, maintenance and organization of work areas.
- Requires interpersonal skills to coordinate with other employees and outside vendors.
- Must report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Use appropriate material handling equipment.
- Experience in shipping desired
- Required to read, speak and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
Ability to perform but not limited to the following tasks:
- Be familiar with and able to interpret packing slips, enter into the computer the correct information.
- Must be able to fill out bills of lading and be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers.
- Must be capable of estimating weight, and use that information to calculate the cost of shipping.
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
- Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment.
- Experience with UPS/FEDEX, Bill of Lading online software is desirable
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.)
- Required to lift up to 60 plus lbs.
- Regularly required to stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
Exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, oils.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.