POSITION SUMMARY: Perform all tasks involved in the production of Ritchie Engineering Company for the Vacuum Pump Department products. This includes assembling parts, inspection, and operating hand and power tools. Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. Employees may work in other departments in production as needs require. Job descriptions for each department are available.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees may work at different work stations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another, during the assembly process. Some, but not all, work stations require the following responsibilities and duties:
1. Performs assembly-type functions, using hand or power tools
2. Must be familiar with product assembly and application
3. Inspect assembled products
4. Place finished goods on the designated pallet
5. Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
6. Maintain a clean and safe work area
7. All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
8. Must have good working knowledge of part numbers and part usage and understand applications for use.
9. Proper operation of equipment to safety and productivity requirements, including but not limited to Hand Trucks to convey or move materials to proper departments or areas.
10. Any other duties as may be assigned
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.:
- Must be able to read English.
- Mathematical skills are needed to include the ability to add, subtract, divide, and multiply.
- Must have basic computer skills.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED:
Some, but not all, work stations require the employee to use some of the following equipment and/or machinery:
- Press, Drill, Pallet Jack, Hand Tools, Power Tools
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Close and peripheral vision as well as depth perception is required for inspection and ability to see colors
- Ability to tolerate occasional loud noise and ability to stand and / or sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to tolerate repetitive motion and ability to pull and tighten parts
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Some work stations require the employee to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.