Under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, this position provides administrative support for the sales and marketing department. Performs duties such as scheduling of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, filing, coordinating direct mailings, report development and maintenance and working on special projects. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedules and organizes meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the department, as well as library of trade journals and magazines.
- Sorts and distributes mail; drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary; responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Answers phones for sales and marketing department; takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside clients; handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Authors and creates general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc.; proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes; responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Prepares and maintains all National Account pricing.
- Develops and manages sales & marketing reports, including but not limited to monthly representative ranking and reports, monthly update of key accounts and rebates.
- Develops and maintains Product Information Management (PIM) files for company and as required by select customers.
- Performs desktop publishing; creates and develops visual presentations.
- Develops and maintains customer eBlast list.
- Manages and maintains customer pricing communication, pricing schedules and special quotes.
- Manages communication of promotional programs to sales reps and customers.
- Develops and analyzes sales and promotional program reports.
- Assists with Buying Group activities; including meeting prep and distribution of follow up actions.
- Responsible for all trade show registrations; including hotel arrangements and shipments.
- Maintains trade show schedule.
- Processes and fulfills sales leads
- Prepares purchase orders, check requests, and travel and expense claims with accuracy and proper signatures.
- Assists with reconciling purchase orders and ensures invoices are submitted to Finance.
- Reconciles all Department American Express statements to receipts and submit to Finance.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and presentations using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience tracking and monitoring expenses and budgets
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility; ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of directly related experience required
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Social Media knowledge preferred
Qualified candidates please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.