Incumbent will influence best practices and possess solid project management knowledge, experience and skills to manage, lead and direct multiple projects from initiation to successful on time completion. Incumbent will play an integral role as you leverage extensive project management experience to mentor cross-functional teams through all phases of a project. Exceptional communication and leadership skills are critical success factors as you work with key stakeholders to gather requirements, identify risks and develop the project plan. Being a team player is essential to working in our environment as you work with internal teams to work through scope changes and ensuring formal project management methodology.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ideal candidate will be a Project Manager, with technical aptitude, with at least 3 to 4 years work experience in a Manufacturing Company.
- Experience driving companywide projects while maintaining focus on business, marketing, and sales requirements.
- Experience in implementing Voice Of The Customer principles.
- Candidate can lead discussions with engineering but also present status and project updates from a business and product perspective with management.
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint and group presentations, both internally and externally.
- Product Management background a plus.
- Ability to direct and manage the project process from beginning to end.
- Ability to define the scope, goals, criteria and guidelines of a project and develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies.
- Plan, schedule and manage project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- May be called on to perform other activities or fulfill responsibilities in other areas as required.
- At least five to eight years of consulting and/or industry experience, and solid, previously demonstrated project management experience leading and directing projects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
- Exceptional leadership and multi-tasking abilities will be called upon as you will likely lead one development project while simultaneously actively participating and contributing to several other development projects to ensure their successful and timely completion.
- Demonstrate positive inter-departmental relationship skills to include leading, coaching and motivating team members on a proactive basis.
- Ability to work independently, prove efficient time management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- ERP implementation experience, ideally Syteline, but any ERP package experience is desirable.
- Continual process improvement experiences in ERP environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to tolerate occasional loud noise
- Ability to stand and / or sit for extended periods of time
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment. Primary environment: lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the job. It is not a complete list of job duties and responsibilities and may not contain a complete list of the skills and abilities needed to do the job. Also, the job may change as the business changes or customer needs change or may vary from location to location.
Interested applicants should send a resume to email@example.com