Ritchie Engineering Company, Inc. has been a leading worldwide supplier of U.S. designed and manufactured tools and equipment for the HVAC/R and automotive industries for almost 70 years. Our Yellow Jacket® brand has set the industry standard in hoses, tools, refrigeration gauges, manifolds, HVAC vacuum pumps and refrigerant recovery machines. We are currently looking for a creative Marketing Manager to join our team.
Direct creative development and execution of YELLOW JACKET brand strategies and marketing communications plan across various mediums to ensure consistency of messaging and graphic representation.
- Manage company messaging and thought leadership activities, brand growth, lead generation and sales support.
- Develop and execute integrated marketing and lead generation programs for sales organization
- Develop and execute annual brand/product communication plan and budget defining objectives, target audiences, key messaging and tactical mix to build the company’s market leadership position.
- Develop, implement, and monitor brand standards, guidelines, and objectives, and drive consistency of the brand among all audiences including employees, management, customers, business associations, media and opinion leaders.
- Establish and ensure success metrics including ROI for all marketing programs to determine effectiveness and to adjust strategies and tactics as appropriate. Consistently research and implement industry best practices.
- Coordinates and attends Trade Shows to market new and existing products.
- Develops and supervises maintenance of computer database of customer prospects.
Company Website Management
- Direct the strategy, design and development of the company’s website utilizing outside partners and online content management tools. Ensure content is accurate, dynamic, easy to access and navigate, valuable to the user, compatible with established messaging, and that the look and feel of all pages is consistent across the site.
- Increase website traffic through effective management of the company’s paid and organic search engine optimization (SEO} efforts establishing best practices, metrics and ROI.
- Monitor and manage web analytics and performance and make ongoing strategic and tactical recommendations for website improvements and campaign enhancements;
- Develop and implement interactive website content and tools and integrated campaigns.
- Maintain and update company website.
- Oversee the organization’s media relations strategy and implementation to ensure maximum visibility for the organization in the industry.
- Write press releases, news articles and product releases using Associated Press (AP) style.
- Track press release distribution across online and print media. Monitor media activity through RSS feeds and social bookmarking sites.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media personnel including advertising sales reps, publishers and editors by ensuring regular contact with target media and appropriately responding to media requests.
- Represent the organization at press conferences and events as needed
- Seek out/manage public speaking opportunities for CEO and senior staff, including creation of presentations.
- Plan organization’s annual media schedule on a global basis. Purchase advertising space, both print and electronic, negotiating reduced rates and eliminating agency commissions.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all company publications. Develop content (writing and editing as an individual contributor as well as working with and managing internal subject matter experts, freelancers and external agency partners) for a variety of marketing materials including print and interactive communications including, but not limited to sales flyers, presentations, sell-sheets, catalogs, price lists, on-line and print newsletters and presentations.
- Manage the design, layout and prepare for print production artwork for product labelling, packaging, instructions manuals, and other in-box items.
- Supervise the creation and production of educational and marketing DVDs, including scripts, storyboards, taping and digital production. Interview and choose talent. Oversee editing and voice-overs to assure quality production in line with the parameters of the assignment.
- Conduct formal and informal market research and focus groups to define messaging and positioning and to evaluate effectiveness of marketing communications. Analyze and interpret market research results, making recommendations to integrate findings into marketing strategies.
- Manage the use of external resources as they pertain to the marketing and communications function (e.g. advertising agency, printers, etc.).
- Responsible for planning, managing and executing the company’s digital presence, coordinating the development and implementation of all digital marketing programs and social marketing campaigns to attract customers to the YELLOW JACKET brand.
- Monitor Web 2.0 activities; coordinate viral campaigns and targeted online outreach promoting awareness of the YELLOW JACKET brand and driving traffic to the company’s website
- Continuous monitoring of community discussions that occur on our social media, partner and industry sites. Increase engagement via development of interactive, authentic two-way dialogue, creation of timely and relevant content and campaigns, and proactive issue identification and community management.
- Expand and manage presence in social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube, etc.), post on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Establish metrics by which success in the digital and social networking programs will be measured and regularly use insights gained (Digg, reddit, Fark, Stumble Upon, etc.) to help evolve programs and strategies.
- Monitor trends in social media tools and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media at Ritchie Engineering.
- Manage website content as related to social media strategies
- Identify and manage relationships with digital agencies and related marketing services vendors.
EDUCATION/ SKILLS /EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field, required (MBA preferred).
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience with demonstrated success in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer marketing environments.
- Experience writing for multiple communications mediums/channels (e-mail, web, direct mail, phone, video, etc.).
- Moderate to advanced experience with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Moderate to advanced experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Working knowledge of Flash and HTML.
- Experience with Google Analytics and RSS.
- Strategic background with proven experience in obtaining buy-in at all levels, including senior management.
- Strong analytic skills with experience at building success metrics and ROI models for all marketing programs.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and experience with social media, viral and word-of-mouth online marketing practices.
- Solid understanding of web metrics.
- A self-starter who is able to work independently with little supervision, be detail oriented, able to prioritize and provide results in a timely matter.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision-making ability.
- Prior experience with budget management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven success at managing outside partners and vendors.
- Excellent working knowledge of processes as they relate to print production, direct mail, photography, print advertising, e-marketing and online advertising, website content management applications and media relations.
Ritchie Engineering Company offers an attractive compensation package combined with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, HRA, FSA, short and long term disability, life, AD&D. The Company offers a 401k program with a match of 4% dollar for dollar.
Please visit our website at www.yellowjacket.com to learn more about our company.