Ritchie Engineering Company, Inc. is a leading worldwide supplier of U.S. designed and manufactured tools and equipment for the HVAC/R and automotive industries. Our YELLOW JACKET® brand has set the industry standard for over 70 years starting with the design of a high quality charging hose in 1949. Our reputation for excellence continues today with wireless electronics, charging systems, diagnostic tools, refrigerant recovery systems, gauges, manifolds, vacuum pumps, leak detectors and more.
The Customer Service Representative interacts with customers, promptly, responding to all inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Solicits and encourages the sale of company products and provides information to customers on product features, prices, services, and substitutes when asked.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Answers and transfers incoming phone calls, utilizes paging system
- Assists the Warranty/Repair Department in processing work orders and credits
- Demonstrates exceptional listening skills
- Informs customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, invoice questions, and provides warranty and product information
- Receives and checks customer complaints
- Enters orders into the computer and prepares invoices
- Records or files copies of orders received
- Answers questions from customers or directs them to the person who can assist them
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues using the computer system and/or any other resource to rectify them
- Has ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to remain calm while working under some demanding or stressful situations
- Some overtime may be required
EDUCATION / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- High school diploma required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related customer service required
- Exceptional experience in effective business communications, including grammar and phone/email etiquette required
- Computer proficiency with a good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel required
- Experience with international shipping desired
- Exceptional speed and accuracy for data entry
- Strong organizational skills
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment
- Performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas
- Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the day – may include lifting to 25 pounds
- This position may require occasional overtime
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position located in our Bloomington, MN office.
Ritchie Engineering Company offers an attractive compensation package combined with comprehensive benefits.
JOIN OUR TEAM:
As a family-owned and operated business headquartered in Bloomington, MN, we are committed to providing our customers with innovative quality products and superior service. We continually strive for excellence while providing a safe and healthy work environment; we develop and nurture successful relationships through honesty, trust and respect.
TO APPLY: Please email your current resume to: HR@yellowjacket.com
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the job. It is not a complete list of job duties and responsibilities and may not contain a complete list of the skills and abilities needed to do the job. The job may change as customer needs change or may vary from location to location. Ritchie Engineering Company is an equal opportunity employer.