Ritchie Engineering Company, Inc. is a leading worldwide supplier of U.S. designed and manufactured tools and equipment for the HVAC/R and automotive industries. Our YELLOW JACKET® brand has set the industry standard for over 70 years starting with the design of a high quality charging hose in 1949. Our reputation for excellence continues today with wireless electronics, charging systems, diagnostic tools, refrigerant recovery systems, gauges, manifolds, vacuum pumps, leak detectors and more.
In this position you will assist in the maintenance, improvement projects, and grounds keeping for two Ritchie Engineering buildings located in Bloomington, MN.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain buildings, grounds, equipment and plant facilities
- Comply with and keep abreast of all OSHA regulations
- Contract with and supervision of outside contractors, including but not limited to plumbers, roofers, electricians, ground keepers, carpet cleaners, lift repair, security system, etc.
- Maintain and inspect grounds: cut grass, trim trees and bushes, snow removal, parking lot repair and general upkeep
- Complete building improvement projects as needed: contacting and soliciting bids from vendors, following up with payment, planning and scheduling work
- Conduct and document inspection of fire control equipment and sprinkler systems
- Schedule, assign, and perform duties in carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing, heating, ventilating, pneumatics and roofing and security
- Inspect, repair and maintain buildings and equipment
- Work with supervisors to manage daily repair needs within each department
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required; troubleshoot issues to determine cause and solution
- Work with Drafter and Mechanical Engineer to fabricate & design parts and upgrade & repair equipment
EDUCATION / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- General safety training
- Certifications in electrical and/or plumbing preferred.
- Trade school or apprenticeship a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude and a working knowledge of electrical, mechanical systems, and plumbing
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills
- Ability to define problems and resolve them quickly
- Familiar with local building codes and OSHA regulations, and familiar with all current health and safety regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with people at all levels
- Average computer knowledge including basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Machine shop experience preferred (mill, lathe, drill press, electrical pneumatics)
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to tolerate occasional loud noise
- Ability to use and be exposed to Locktite, alcohol, oil, WD40 and grease
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and occasionally bend and move about the facility and must be able to tolerate repetitive motion. Close and peripheral vision as well as depth perception is required.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Some work areas require the employee to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position located in our Bloomington, MN office.
Ritchie Engineering Company offers an attractive compensation package combined with comprehensive benefits.
JOIN OUR TEAM:
As a family-owned and operated business headquartered in Bloomington, MN, we are committed to providing our customers with innovative quality products and superior service. We continually strive for excellence while providing a safe and healthy work environment; we develop and nurture successful relationships through honesty, trust and respect.
To apply, please email your resume to: HR@yellowjacket.com
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the job. It is not a complete list of job duties and responsibilities and may not contain a complete list of the skills and abilities needed to do the job. The job may change as customer needs change or may vary from location to location. Ritchie Engineering Company is an equal opportunity employer.