Ritchie Engineering Company, Inc. is a leading worldwide supplier of U.S. designed and manufactured tools and equipment for the HVAC/R and automotive industries. Our YELLOW JACKET® brand has set the industry standard for over 70 years starting with the design of a high quality charging hose in 1949. Our reputation for excellence continues today with wireless electronics, charging systems, diagnostic tools, refrigerant recovery systems, gauges, manifolds, vacuum pumps, leak detectors and more.
As a Project Manager with Ritchie Engineering you will use your knowledge of best practices and solid project management to manage, lead and direct multiple projects from concept to successful on time completion. You will play an integral role as you leverage your experience to mentor cross-functional teams through all phases of a project. Exceptional communication and leadership skills are critical success factors as you work with key stakeholders to gather requirements, identify risks and develop the project plan. Being a team player is essential to working in our environment as you lead internal teams through scope changes and ensuring formal project management methodology resulting in successfully completed projects.
- Exceptional leadership and multi-tasking abilities will be called upon as you will likely lead one development project while simultaneously actively participating and contributing to several other development projects to ensure their successful and timely completion.
- Develop positive inter-departmental relationship skills to include leading, coaching and motivating team members on a proactive basis.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Direct and manage the project process from concept to delivery
- Define the scope, goals, criteria and guidelines of a project and develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Draft and submit budget proposals and make recommendations for subsequent budget changes as necessary
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Identify and manage project dependencies
- Plan, schedule and manage project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments as necessary during project cycle
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post-mortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Other responsibilities as required
EDUCATION / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Five to eight years of consulting and/or industry experience, and solid, previously demonstrated project management experience leading and directing projects and cross functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Ability to work independently, efficient time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to tolerate occasional loud noise
- Ability to stand and / or sit for extended periods of time
This position is a full-time, exempt position located in our Bloomington, MN office.
Ritchie Engineering Company offers an attractive compensation package combined with comprehensive benefits.
JOIN OUR TEAM:
As a family-owned and operated business headquartered in Bloomington, MN, we are committed to providing our customers with innovative quality products and superior service. We continually strive for excellence while providing a safe and healthy work environment; we develop and nurture successful relationships through honesty, trust and respect.
To apply, please email your current resume to: HR@yellowjacket.com
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the job. It is not a complete list of job duties and responsibilities and may not contain a complete list of the skills and abilities needed to do the job. The job may change as customer needs change or may vary from location to location. Ritchie Engineering Company is an equal opportunity employer.