Ritchie Engineering Company, Inc. is a leading worldwide supplier of U.S. designed and manufactured tools and equipment for the HVAC/R and automotive industries. Our YELLOW JACKET® brand has set the industry standard for over 70 years starting with the design of a high quality charging hose in 1949. Our reputation for excellence continues today with wireless electronics, charging systems, diagnostic tools, refrigerant recovery systems, gauges, manifolds, vacuum pumps, leak detectors and more.
The Welder is responsible for various types of weld preparation, brazing and welding, and weld finishing operations to manufacture products.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Performs assembly type functions using brazing and welding equipment
- Soldering of fittings
- Preparation work for welding/soldering
- Inspect parts, fittings and finished product
- Welding equipment maintenance
- Safe handling of compressed gases, use and storage
- Finish grinding applications using manual and power tools. Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Perform assembly functions in the Seal Rights department and work at different stations as production needs require
EDUCATION / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- High school diploma required
- Proficient in assigned welding techniques, especially gas welding
- Ability to use of conventional and precision measuring instruments
- Must be familiar with product construction and application
- Experience working with Oxy-acetylene torches preferred
- Experience working with Gas and Tig welders preferred
- Experience welding metal hoses preferred
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT / WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position is in the production warehouse.
- This person will work with high-pressure gas.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- Exposed to any number of elements, but none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position located in our Bloomington, MN office.
Ritchie Engineering Company offers an attractive compensation package combined with comprehensive benefits that include: medical, dental, HRA, FSA, short and long-term disability, life and AD&D. The company offers a 401K matching program.
JOIN OUR TEAM:
As a family-owned and operated business headquartered in Bloomington, MN, we are committed to providing our customers with innovative quality products and superior service. We continually strive for excellence while providing a safe and healthy work environment; we develop and nurture successful relationships through honesty, trust and respect.
To apply, please email your current resume to HR@yellowjacket.com
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the job. It is not a complete list of job duties and responsibilities and may not contain a complete list of the skills and abilities needed to do the job. The job may change as customer needs change or may vary from location to location. Ritchie Engineering Company is an equal opportunity employer.